Thursday 9 July 2009

Kew Gardens 09-07-2009


I only had one short job booked in this morning, so popped into Kew Gardens on the way home as I'm still feeling very sketchy. I'm having some problems with my feet at the moment (great, as you can imagine, for someone who is on her feet all day at work!) so didn't venture as far into the gardens as I would have liked (I usually do a full circuit when I walk there). I visited the Princess of Wales Conservatory and captured an orchid that I liked, then wandered out to find what is possibly my favourite sight in Kew - the Japanese Pagoda tree (planted aroudn 1760) which is partially supported by bricks and iron struts, but is remarkably healthy nonetheless. I then wandered down to the Palm House and started sketching in there, but the pain from my feet and the incessant noise of children (lots of school groups were around today) drove me home before I was really done. I'm aiming to go back again in a few weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment