Thursday 9 July 2009

8th July 2009





I didn't go to work today, because it was raining. So I started sketching indoors - the image of a flower inset on the first sketch is a copy of the photo on the bookmark I'm using at the moment. Then the weather cleared up so I went for a walk down the road to Twickenham Cemetary. It's a terrible thing to admit, but I was a bit disappointed with it - my local cemetary is Kensal Green, which has some really beautiful old areas, and sadly Twickenham isn't as picturesque. I sketched for a bit, then as I finished the inkwork for the chapel I had a sudden feeling I should go home, even though I wasn't done.

I got halfway home and it started to rain. When I got in the front door the shower turned into a deluge. Ten out of ten for listening to my instincts there!

Still desperately wanting to sketch I settled down and did a view of Matt's bookshelf - which I'm particularly pleased with. It also satisfied my craving for bold colours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment