Monday 15 February 2010

The end and the beginning






I'm nearly at the end of my sketchbook - so it seemed like a good time to do a little housekeeping. I removed the block of pages from the old book and put those to the side while I worked out how best to repair the vintage cover; as you can see, it had become even more worn and tatty over the course of the past year. In the end I decided upon a simple strip of leather to reinforce the spine. This should make it more durable and give it a new lease of life for the coming year. A block of new pages was bound in, and it's now ready to go!

The old block of pages presented me with a puzzle: how best to bind them? I opted for a very simple look, with tan leather covers. I thought that the sketches should speak for themselves and not be overshadowed by a flamboyant cover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment